About Unity on the River
Unity on the River Mission Statement
Centered in love, we joyously co-create a world of Oneness, peace and harmony.
Unity on the River Vision Statement
We are a vibrant spiritual community that celebrates the Presence in all and awakens humanity to its Divinty.
We support all people in their individual quest to know God and find hope, healing, prosperity, and peace. Our philosophy offers a practical approach to Christianity and helps people of all faiths apply positive spiritual principles in their daily lives.
- God is the Source and Creator of all, God is good and everywhere present.
- We are spiritual beings, created in God’s image. The spirit of God lives within each person; therefore, all people are inherently good.
- Our thinking creates our life experiences.
- Through the power of affirmative prayer & meditation, we increase our connection to God.
- Knowledge of these spiritual principles is not enough. We must live them.
- A vibrant spiritual community that celebrates the presence in all and awakens humanity to its Divinity.
- A weekly service; 10 am Sunday Service.
- In addition to our Senior Minister, a variety of Guest Speakers and workshops.
- Prayer Support is available
- Childcare on Sundays provided by our Youth and Family Ministry.
- Ongoing workshops, classes and events.
- On-site Bookstore.
- Weekly Newsletter
Sunday Service: 10 am
Wednesday evening 7pm Samadhi and Healing and Prayer Services
Meet the Minister
Rev. Ogun Holder joined Unity on the River in January 2015 as our Senior Minister.
“Thank you Unity on the River for extending this amazing opportunity to partner with you. I am truly humbled and honored. In January 2015 we will embark on an inspiring journey of spiritual deepening, transformation, and fun! I look forward with great excitement to what Spirit has in store for us.”
Rev. Ogun Holder is an ordained Unity Minister . His many titles include speaker, teacher, author, online radio show host, blogger, musician, parent, social media consultant, and self-proclaimed geek. His first full-length book, Rants To Revelations: Unabashedly Honest Reflections on Life, Spirituality, and the Meaning of God,was published by Unity Books in Fall 2012. He writes the Classic & Contemporary column for Unity Magazine, which features a modern version of texts by classic Unity authors. He has also written for Unity Leaders Magazine, and the Daily Word, an internationally distributed inspirational magazine.
Originally from Barbados, Ogun moved to the USA in 1994 to pursue a degree in Music Therapy. As a Music Therapist he worked successfully with a variety of populations in schools, hospitals, adult day-care facilities, and his own private practice. He is also an experienced church music director, having served multiple Unity communities.
A humorous and engaging speaker, Ogun has been invited to speak and lead workshops at churches and spiritual centers across the country. He currently serves as the Senior Minister of Unity on The River in Amesbury, MA. To connect with Ogun, read his blog, and listen to his talks, please visit www.ogunholder.com email@example.com