Schedule of Activities for Wednesday, September 29th
Morning Prayer and Meditation
10:30 am to 12:30 pm
Unity Worldwide Ministries Eastern Region Business Meeting
Join us for the opportunity to vote for board members, hear about our events and services from our consultants and more. See information about voting delegates from the excerpt of the UWMER Bylaws below.
1. Categories of Membership:
a. Individual Members are:
1) Any ordained or licensed Minister in good standing with Unity Worldwide Ministries, who lives or is employed in the geographical area designated by Unity Worldwide Ministries as the Eastern Region.
2) Any Licensed Unity Teacher in good standing with Unity Worldwide Ministries, who is serving a Unity Ministry or sponsored by a Unity Minister in good standing, in the geographical area designated by Unity Worldwide Ministries as the Eastern Region. Inactive Licensed Unity Teachers are welcome as non-voting members of the Eastern Region.
3) Any Spiritual Leader of an active Unity Ministry authorized by and in good standing with Unity Worldwide Ministries.
b. Organizational Members are any Ministry authorized by and in good standing with Unity Worldwide Ministries.
2. Voting at any Annual or Special meeting:
a. Every individual Member of UWMER shall have one vote.
b. Up to Two (2) lay delegates selected by the Board of Trustees of each Member Ministry shall have a vote.
c. Member Ministries shall be limited to a total of five (5) votes including the Minister(s) and Licensed Unity Teacher(s) in good standing in the Ministry. When the potential for more than five votes exists, the Member Ministry’s Board of Trustees will determine who the voting delegates are.
NOTE: Lay delegates must provide a letter on ministry letterhead and signed by Minister or Board President no later than 15 days prior to the start of the annual business meeting.
2:30 pm to 4:30 pm
PHYGITAL MINISTRY – A Whole Person Endeavor – Part 2
Presented by Revs. Ogun Holder and Kelly Isola
PART 2: Physical Alignment – Embody the Why
In this segment, we will cover some of the “hands” elements of ministry, the doing aspects, or HOW do we do this, HOW do we put our reimagining into demonstration – as a demonstration of our WHY or MISSION. There will be some focus on redirecting energy from “getting them in” to getting those already in – OUT, whether in person or online. Topics include:
- Technology use (how, when and what), a continuing conversation from Session 1
- Practice using certain social media tools, writing for different audiences, creating memes easily and effectively, asking for money (how and when)
- Reaching those who aren’t engaging online
- Creating community online, deepen relationships and connections
- Engage the demographics of who is showing up at your events
- Reimagine your offerings
- Create online fundraising event
Phygital Ministry – A Whole Person Endeavor
- Developing an effective ministry model which builds on your physical ministry by helping it grow and multiply digitally
- Blend of physical and digital ministry – phygital – not as a replacement of community, but a birth of a new kind of community engaging the head, hands and heart in order to evolve and thrive
- Deconstructing the traditional Tabernacle Church Model and reconstructing and reimagining from a different paradigm
- Reimagining traditions, practices, celebrations, giving, healing and more
Rev. Ogun Holder
Rev. Ogun Holder is an ordained Unity Minister, a certified Spiritual Coach, and co-founder of project_SANCTUS – a safe, brave, online space to discover and be our Holiest self, and in so doing, together, create a world of equanimity, justice and love for all.
His many titles over the years include speaker, teacher, author, podcaster, blogger, musician, parent, social media consultant, a WEPSS Certified Enneagram Instructor, and a self-proclaimed geek.
Originally from Barbados, Ogun moved to the USA in 1994 to pursue a degree in Music Therapy. As a Music Therapist he worked successfully with a variety of populations in schools, hospitals, adult day-care facilities, and his own private practice. He is also an experienced church music director, having served multiple communities.
A humorous and engaging speaker, Ogun has been invited to speak and lead workshops at churches and spiritual centers across the country.
Rev. Kelly Isola
Rev. Kelly Isola, is a culture-builder and a catalyst for personal and organizational development, and co-founder of project_SANCTUS – a safe, brave, online space to discover and be our Holiest self, and in so doing, together, create a world of equanimity, justice and love for all. She is a transformative consultant, teacher, and author who shares her passion for living the two-fold path of an engaged spiritual life – embracing the inner path of wisdom and healing, as well as demonstrating the outer path of compassionate service. She holds several certifications in leading edge models of human and organizational development – focusing on how we create and relate to ourselves, each other and the world – as well as her specialty: the spiritual practice of conflict transformation through embodying paradox.
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Healing the Historic Trauma of Separation
Facilitated by Rev Skip Jennings and Rev Jacquie Fernandez; with Faith Rivera
More than ever, we are experiencing uncharted territory when it comes to embracing inclusivity. We must be a safe space for healing, a place where identity and empowerment can be experienced, affirmed, and celebrated. Within our faith communities, spiritual evolution is our focus, but are we meeting not only our congregants, but everyone we encounter right where they are to heal the historic trauma of separation?
Rev. Skip Jennings
Rev. Skip Jennings is the co-host of “Voices of Unity” on UnityOnlineRadio.org, the host of “In the Flow” Podcast and the author of The Lotus Kitchen, Spirit Explosion, and his latest creation, The Little Book for Big Transformations: 31 Days of Inner Visions and Spiritual Practices. He is a graduate of the Michael B. Beckwith School of Ministry.
The founder of Mind, Body, Spirit Solutions L.L.C. Rev. Skip is a motivational speaker, transformational coach, Yoga instructor, and a shamanic healer. His coaching and expertise can be found on SkipJennings.com, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Insight Timer Meditation app. Rev. Skip counsels and coaches clients using his C.A.R.E.S. philosophy, which stands for Connection, Action, Remember, Empowerment, Self-Love.
As a Licensed Spiritual Practitioner and co-director of the L.G.B.T.Q.A. ministry at Agape, Rev. Skip has served for over ten years. With 30 years of experience and over fifteen certifications in spiritual counseling, wellness, health & fitness, yoga, and nutrition, Rev. Skip continues to transform the planet one session at a time.
Rev. Jacquie Fernandez
Rev. Jacquie Fernández serves as senior minister at Unity Church of Overland Park in Kansas. She is a regular contributor for Unity Magazine, co-host of Voices of Unity on Unity Online Radio with Faith Rivera (New Thought artist) and Rev. Skip Jennings (Agape International), and adjunct faculty at Unity Worldwide Spiritual Institute. She presented a workshop at the 2018 Parliament of the World’s Religions in Toronto with Rev. Charline Manuel on the topic of inclusivity and diversity in spiritual communities.
Rev. Jacquie is a dynamic speaker and her ministerial passion is to inspire individuals to discover and live their creative genius as a beloved child of God. She believes that Unity teachings offer a divine blueprint for healing and spiritual awakening- inviting us to be agents for love, justice, peace, and ecological integrity. An award-winning filmmaker and performing artist, Rev. Jacquie lives in Kansas City with her wife, Tamie Rising, and three daughters, Josie, Jami, and Madi Rose.
Faith Rivera, Music Minister
From the sunny shores of Hawaii, Emmy award-winning singer/songwriter, Faith Rivera, opens hearts and transforms lives around the globe through the power of music. Fans say her inspiring songs are like having your best friend, who knows your biggest dreams & your biggest struggles, sing the perfect message right to you.
PLEASE READ: New UWM policy on CEUs>