Join us for 21st Century Ministry Enhancement: Suicide Awareness and Prevention ~ Principle 5 In Action
This event is sponsored by Unity Worldwide Ministries Eastern Region and Southeast Region.
Rev. Randie Jacobs who for many years has had a mission to shine the light on suicide by increasing suicide awareness, prevention, and support initiatives in all communities–especially in faith communities is our facilitator. She believes we can make an exponential difference by developing abilities we already have and taking seriously Ram Dass’ guidance that “We are all just walking each other home.”
- At any given time, 1 in 25 people is thinking about suicide to some degree
- As spiritual leaders and those in leadership positions in our spiritual communities, we are being called to be bold, to step up, maybe even get a bit uncomfortable and be the leaders we are meant to be. We are called to be a resource and support to people.
- We have a responsibility to be present and be aware suicide is a problem and that there will be people in our midst who either are having thoughts of suicide or have been affected by suicide
- Pray it away, spiritual bypass, head in the sand approaches do not serve anybody and are a disservice to those in our community
- There are specific signs, symptoms and risk factors for suicide although anyone could be at risk. Suicide is everybody’s business-we need to take action on suicide in our communities
Choose from 2 Sessions on Different Dates:
- Wednesday morning (7/21/21)
- Thursday evening (7/29/21)
Event Cost: FREE
- This session is being offered at no cost as a service to our ministries and their members. Please share this broadly with your communities.
How to Register:
This is a TWO-STEP registration.
STEP 1: Complete the registration form below.
STEP 2: After submitting the form, you will receive an email containing a Zoom Meeting link.